Welcome to Trinity!
Worship with us
Every Sunday at 11 AM in English or at 9:30 AM in German.
Ft McMurray fire response:
• Donate to CLWR or to the Red Cross. Donations to both organizations are matched dollar for dollar, those to the Red Cross by the government, those to CLWR by Faith Life Financial.
• The central place for offering assistance to the evacuees in Edmonton is this website: ymmhelp.com/ Contact them and indicate what you have to offer – time, shelter, money, donated items.
Participate in the Trinity Community Mural
Trinity has received funding for a community art project: A mural, in the form of a mosaic, on its outside west wall. It will consist of about 1000 individually painted tiles, which together will create one large image:
One purpose of the mural is to create community through making art together. We would like as many people as possible to paint a tile. If you’re in some way associated with Trinity or the neighbourhood, or are an artist – please make sure you attend at least one of the
tile painting sessions:
• Wed May 25, 6-7:15pm (supper is served from 5:30pm)
• Sun May 29, 11am – Sunday School children
• Sun June 5, 10:30 -11:30am and 12:30-1:30pm – in the church hall
• Tues Jun 7, 6:30pm (dinner is served from 6pm) – outside
• Sun June 12, 12:30pm – at the church & community picnic in Ritchie (7727 98 Street, see poster below)
• Sun June 19, 12:30pm – at the block party – in the parking lot beside the church
You don’t have to be artistic to participate; there will be artists and volunteers present to help you.
Express your dreams, your faith, your roots, values, personality – your tile will be your lasting gift to the community.
The mural will be unveiled on Sept. 11, 2016, at 12:30pm. For more information, please contact the church office.
June 12: Church and community picnic
We are sponsoring Syrian refugees
In Syria, over 250,000 people have been killed, 12,000 of them children, millions are in refugee camps without access to healthcare, education, or proper sanitation. What can anyone do in the face of such suffering? Mother Teresa said:
“I never look at the masses as my responsibility…I can love only one person at a time…feed one person at a time. Just one, one, one…”
At Trinity Lutheran Church we want to help and so will start by sponsoring one Syrian refugee family to come to Canada. We will be responsible for providing half the funds necessary to support them for one year (the other half will be provided by government funding). In addition, we will help them find a home, provide furnishings, clothing and other basic material needs and identify resources to support them as they settle into this community (i.e., family doctor, school, English lessons). We look forward to the opportunity to generously love our brothers and sisters from across the globe and invite anyone else that feels called to help as well. Donations can be made to “Trinity Lutheran Church Refugee Sponsorship Fund” and 100% of the money will be used to help resettle this family. Gift cards are also available if you would like to make a donation in the name of someone else as a gift.
For more information please contact the church office.
Wednesday mid-day prayers for peace
Join us in Trinity’s sanctuary Wednesdays over noon to pray for peace for our churches, neighbourhoods, world, the earth and whomever else you feel called to pray peace for. The prayer time begins at 12:15 PM sharp and ends at 12:45 PM sharp, but you are welcome to arrive early and spend some quiet time by yourself.